Public Servants – Certified Financial Planner
The government offers public servants generous employment packages – but are you getting the most out of them? Are you financially protected for the future? Do you know how you’ll manage to afford your current lifestyle in the face of a redundancy? Our certified financial planners can help your answer “yes” to all these questions.
You also may be looking at entering the public service or changing a new job within a government department. If so there are a number of options you could consider relating to your superannuation that will impact the long term benefit to you. Also proud to assist you with your military superannuation.
The complexities of the defined benefit and accumulation plans for the Commonwealth Government, Defence Forces (help you with your military superannuation) and State Public Servants, are many and varied. Our team has extensive experience in working with the different public sector superannuation scheme memberships:
• Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme (CSS) – this is described as a hybrid superannuation scheme which provides members with a defined benefit income stream and accumulation plan in one.
• Public Sector Superannuation Scheme (PSS) – this is a superannuation plan with a defined benefit formula.
• Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan (PSSap) – this is the current superannuation plan for new employees to the public sector and is a standard accumulation benefit with boosted contribution amounts for members.
• Defence Force Retirement & Death Benefits Scheme (DFRDB) – provides an income stream after set service periods for members of the Australian Defence Force. There are additional benefits and limitations with this memberships such as options around returning to work for a period and having your pension recalculated after your service period.
• Military Superannuation – is an employer subsidised superannuation scheme set up to provide members of the Australia Defence Force with a retirement benefit when they leave the workforce
We can also help in the following areas:
• Financial Planning
• Life Insurance
• Income Protection Insurance
• Trauma Insurance
• Transition to Retirement
• Retirement Planning
• Aged Care