What is Trauma Insurance?
Trauma insurance (also known as Critical Illness Insurance) provides a one-time lump sum payment when you are diagnosed with a serious illness such as cancer, stroke or heart disease.
As people are living longer and surviving serious illnesses that would have once resulted in early death, a lump sum payment upon diagnosis will ensure you can focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about the impact on your financial situation.
There are up to 44 specified medical conditions that are covered under a Trauma policy including the following:
• Coronary Artery Bypass
• Heart Attack
• Kidney Failure
• Major Organ Transplant
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Dementia including Alzheimer’s Disease
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Bacterial Meningitis
• Chronic Liver Disease
• Chronic Lung Disease
How Trauma Insurance can help?
If you are diagnosed with a critical or terminal illness, Trauma Insurance can help ease the financial burden at a very stressful time. The pay-out can be used to:
• Pay for medical and rehabilitation costs that may not be covered under your private health cover.
• Cover the cost of a carer or nurse.
• Making changes to your home that may be necessary to assist with your recovery.
• Cover for your loss of income where your employment, hobbies, or pre-existing medical conditions preclude you from being able to purchase suitable income protection insurance.
• Pay for additional income protection cover.
• Pay off debts and other financial commitments.
Get expert advice
What makes for the right trauma insurance policy for you is whether or not it covers health incidents that you’re more likely to have over other people due to your employment or lifestyle.
Contact us today to find out how you could benefit from trauma insurance (critical illness insurance).